The past year has seen several developments in the world of lefthandedness:
- The left-handed President of Mexico (Felipe Calderón) will be replaced by right hander Enrique Peña Nieto.
- About 13 million new left handers were born (assuming about 10% of those born are left handed).
- James Cameron has been writing Avatar 2, Avatar 3 (and maybe Avatar 4?). Filming could start later in 1012. More left-handed Navi on the screen in 2014?
- I discovered "left-handed toons (by right-handed people)". I don't know if they really draw these left handed. Are they just making fun of us?
- The Left-Handers Club issued a press release for Left Handers Day. The club is using the 2012 event to push for better teacher training on how to help left-handed children.
- The film "The Avengers", written (left handed) and directed by southpaw Joss Whedon, featured left-handed Avengers Black Widow and Hawkeye, from a comic book by lefty Stan Lee. (One-third of Avengers are left handed at this stage.)
So let's look leftward to a peaceful, prosperous and interesting year to come for all left-handers, and their right-handed friends and relations.
Image by RRZEicons used under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license, from Wikimedia Commons.